Moving for work

Are you moving house to take up a job in another location?

You can get information about the sort of rent you might have to pay in different parts of New Zealand on the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) website.

For help with your moving costs, ask your employer or check your employment conditions to see if any is offered.

If not, you might be able to get help with your moving costs from Work and Income or Senior Services. You don’t have to be on a benefit or pension to get this help but it will depend on your income and assets.