Looking to move out of Auckland?

Are you looking to move out of Auckland?

If you’re a social housing tenant, on the social housing register or eligible for social housing you may be able to apply for help.

This could include having your actual moving costs covered (up to $5,000) and you may also be eligible to receive an additional establishment grant to help you settle in your new community. Most of these grants will be under $5,000 in total. Any payments that total over $5,000.00, including the establishment grant, will require MSD senior manager’s approval.

You’ll need to be willing to make a long-term move to another part of the country where there are more housing options, and meet any obligations you have including job-search obligations.

Like other assistance from the Ministry of Social Development it will be income and asset-tested.